1. As can be clearly seen from the picture, …. 从这张画中可以清楚地看到，…
As can be clearly seen from the picture, with the increase in cultural exchange among countries, an increasing number of foreigners are eager to visit China.
2. As is shown above，… 正如上面所示，…
As is shown above, there are two cartoons presenting two quite different situations. One depicts people who are working hard, while the other implies that laziness results in failure.
3. What a vivid picture it is! It tells us that… 这是一幅多么生动形象的画啊!它告诉我们…
What a vivid picture it is! It tells us that love is just like an oil lamp in the dark, which lightens people’s hearts.
4. According to the statistics given in the table, … 根据表中所给的统计数字，…
According to the statistics given in the table, the number of tourists has grown greatly, 80,000,000 people in 2002.
5. This chart shows that … 这张示意图表明，…
This chart shows that the number of smokers continues to climb (rise), __________ 20 % of the total population.
6. It is indicated by the graph that … 这张曲线图表示，…
It is indicated by the graph that the extinction of some species of wild animals __________ the sharp increase of the world’s population.
7. It can be seen from the statistics (or picture) that … 从这些统计数字(或这张图画)中可以看到，…
It can be seen from the statistics (or picture) that with the rapid increase in the number of cars, air pollution and noise have become the main public hazards threatening the survival of city residents.
8. It is generally believed (或accepted, thought, held) that … 人们普遍认为，…
It is generally believed that the governments of all countries should __________ to protect forest resources.
9. The picture is thought-provoking … 这幅画发人深省，…
The picture is thought-provoking, and what it illustrates is a common phenomenon in our society today.
10. What the drawing describes implies that …… 这张图画所描述的内容暗示了，…
What the drawing describes implies that we should __________ (withstand) the test of failure.
11. There is a 译: 表中所给的数字表明，比较近5年来人民的收入已有显著增长。
The statistics given in the table indicate that there has been a remarkable increase in people’s incomes in the past 5 years.
译:The number of has been on the in recent years.